Wednesday, November 27, 2013

Cancer in Israel

Have you seen this picture on the front page of The New York Times?



The accompanying story discusses cancer statistics in Israel:

http://www.nytimes.com/2013/11/27/health/in-israel-a-push-to-screen-for-cancer-gene-leaves-many-conflicted.html

A closed society with an isolated gene pool is doomed to suffer problems like this. They can TRY to solve them using gene therapy or other forms of medical treatment, or they could accept something that in the USA is a truism: organisms which enjoy genetic diversity thrive, while those who don't often wither.

As "Lupi" from North Haven, CT remarked:

In the whole article, not one mention of the costs of in-breeding? I remember the day an Ashkenazi friend, who had one of the genes and has since died of ovarian cancer, said to me, "Your husband and I made wise choices for our children: we each married gentiles."

G-d loves ALL his children. Stop pretending that you're so "special" and mingle with your neighbors. You'll be healthier, happier, and live longer.

And you'll also avoid the unnecessary war with Iran you currently seem hell bent to bring upon the world. The last time the Temple was rebuilt, it was with the help of Cyrus. Why do you now think that rebuilding it requires you to attack his descendants?

Perhaps Messiah will come NOT after you devise ways to destroy all your enemies, but when you start following the law, restart the practice of jubilee, and learn the meaning of the word "compassion".

Behold, the days come, saith the Lord, that I will make a new covenant with the house of Israel, and with the house of Judah:
Not according to the covenant that I made with their fathers in the day that I took them by the hand to bring them out of the land of Egypt; which my covenant they brake, although I was an husband unto them, saith the Lord:
But this shall be the covenant that I will make with the house of Israel; After those days, saith the Lord, I will put my law in their inward parts, and write it in their hearts; and will be their God, and they shall be my people.
And they shall teach no more every man his neighbour, and every man his brother, saying, Know the Lord: for they shall all know me, from the least of them unto the greatest of them, saith the Lord: for I will forgive their iniquity, and I will remember their sin no more.
Jeremiah 31:31-34 KJV

Be an inspiration to humanity, not a scourge.

No comments:

Post a Comment