Monday, March 13, 2017

Solving Our Retirement Crisis

The US can ease its retirement crisis by keeping a promise made back in 1974: increasing retirement account enrollment for all workers. Far from a costly tax break, retirement accounts are gilt-edged investments that enrich not only individual Americans, but the economy, the safety net and the social fabric.

You can read the rest @
http://www.truth-out.org/opinion/item/39812-how-the-us-could-solve-its-retirement-crisis

Instead, we're likely to throw our elderly under the bus so that the rich can continue to thrive.

Once again, we should be ashamed of ourselves.

By the way, unless I'm mistaken the above idea was included in the 2006 book The Plan: Big Ideas For America by Rahm Emanuel and Bruce Reed. Maybe we should elect Rahm as our next president.

Did I really just say that? Excuse me while I go wash my mouth out with soap !!!

No comments:

Post a Comment